Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tivoli and Palistrina

Mi dispiace molto (I am very sorry...) for not posting anything in a while! Things have been CRAZY around here! This past week were our midterms, so I have been camped out in the library studying for the last couple of days. Thank the lord for my first three day weekend here in Roma. It is much appreciated and was much anticipated!

As I stated before, my weekend started out with the Jame's Bond red carpet premier, but it didn't end there! After arriving back at the Tiziano, I went to bed immediately, for I had an early day ahead of me! At 7:30 am on Saturday (10/27/12) the Smick's and I made our way to Tivoli for our last (somewhat) lectures and tours trip. Our first destination was Villa Deste. This museum was the home of 66 of the most beautiful fountains I have ever seen in my life (besides the Trevi, of course). Each fountain told a different story and had a different purpose than the last. For those of you who were Lizzie McGuire fans back in the day like myself, this specific museum was featured in the movie! Later that day, we ventured over to Palistrina, where we went to yet another museum! It was a long day, and it was nice to get back to the Tiziano to relax for the rest of my weekend! Ciao for now!
Fountains in Villa Deste in Tivoli, Italy! (The one on the right is where the Lizzie McGuire Movie scene was shot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment