Monday, November 26, 2012

The Bucci Babe's take Roma!

From Friday, November 16 to Wednesday, November 21, I was lucky enough to have my beautiful mother, Cindy, and little sister, Kamryn, come visit me in Roma. We had such an amazing time catching up and spending time together. I cherished every single second I got to spend with them. I am so unbelievably close with my family, so it has been hard at times for me to be away from them. Being able to show my mom and Kamryn my life here in Roma was definitely one of the highlights of my journey! I wish my other sister Kayla, my Aunt B, my boyfriend Ryan, and many other loved ones could have joined us!

We spent our jam-packed days touring the Eternal City, eating delicious food, drinking cafe lattes and vino rosso, having long conversations, and laughing.
Kamryn's first Cafe Latte in Italia!
 On Friday, our first day together, I took them to the Pantheon, the closest monument to the Hotel Tiziano where I live. We walked around and enjoyed the streets of Rome, which differ greatly from our home, Chicago. Mom and Kam also enjoyed getting used to the cobble stone streets...just kidding! They are a killer! Sorry guys!

 On day 2, I took them to see Campo de Fiori. We walked around the market looked around in the small Italian shops. There are NO Targets here in Roma, unlike the USA. I later took them to see the Tiber River and Trastevere (across the river).
Kamryn and I at the Tiber River
 On Sunday, I took the girls to Via Del Corso, or as I described it to them "The Michigan Ave. of Roma!" We walked around looking in stores and discovering Italian fashion. From there, I took them to see the Trevi Fountain and  the Spanish Steps, where we took many fabulous pictures.


On Monday, we took a tour of the Colosseum, or as Kamryn called it, "snooze ville!" Trust me Kam, you'll appreciate it when your older! We learned a lot, and I filled them in on all of the extras once the tour was over since it had been my 3'rd time there!

On our last full day together, we toured the Vatican Museum. We enjoyed the art, sculptures, history, the ceilings, and of course each others company. It was great to show them a place so relevant to our faith, our history, and our culture.
The Sistine Chapel

A constant on our trip was going out for delicious meals at authentic Italian restaurants. Kamryn was hoping there would bean Olive Garden, but I thought that I took them to much better places! We discovered a restaurant with delicious pizza, and eventually became regulars there!
 


A special shout out goes out to my mom and Kamryn for making this amazing week possible. It was so great to see you after 2 long months. I would never trade our time or experiences in Roma together for the world! Thank you so much for everything, you guys are the best! I love you so much and miss you everyday! <3
 
Oh! I almost forgot! Liam Payne from One Direction came on the trip as well!
Liam takes Roma!

No comments:

Post a Comment